Feels like I've been to 'Yellen' back :) $18 an ounce Silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Emanance, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Emanance

Emanance Guest

It's been amateur hour at my place with timing my silver purchases of late, so I thought why not draw some lines on a chart a have a crack at a little TA. Certainly couldn't do worse than the 'experts' (http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-45914-clive-maund-gold-silver-report-6-10-13.html). Anyway I came up with this:

[​IMG]

It appears to me that we are now on our way to sub $19 an ounce territory. Also noticed the time between the rallies has only got farther apart as we get further away from the April 2011 highs.

I recon this move to the bottom of this channel could coincide with Janet Yellen's swearing in as Chair at the Fed.

2. SliderC

SliderC Active Member

That chart is depressing...must admit, last 3 years in the silver game been tough...should we all be selling up now and getting in again $4 an ounce cheaper"?

3. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

Sure hope your right, I sold some gold back at the last peak $1420ish and intend on putting it back into phiz again.

4. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I've never had the balls, crystal or otherwise, to lock in a loss on the hope of the cheaper place to buy back in.

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

<----------------------- SIDEWAYS ------------------------------------------>

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess you'll be sticking around for years while the price goes sideways, how exciting for you.

7. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

I know right, I searched the entire post for the TnA too.

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Why stop at around $19. If you extend that chart even further in the same line of projection, you will eventually get $0 silver. While I appreciate knocking the expert's charts, charts like this are useless. How many more people will be burned by charts this and in upcoming months / years.

9. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

of course

10. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A few different (more accurate imo) trend-lines for you to consider... I'm still not buying.

P.S. SLV (just the medium I prefer to play with)

[​IMG]

11. PAGAU

PAGAU New Member

The optimist would draw two lines to make a level line (resistance) right there at $24 flat, 1st line six squares from the end and 2nd line sloping UP (rising ;) )$18 to $20. :)

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

But is the pessimist actually the realist and the optimist merely a frustrated dreamer?

13. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I realize the flaw in my logic... As if a hedge against currency inflation is ever really likely to ever go to 'zero' during an era of such massive amounts of money printing!? Though, nothing is moving as we would 'normally' expect it. As ZH refers to it, we are in the strange dimension of the 'New Normal'. a dimension where the main street real productive economy is on it's knees, yet wall street is in the trees.

I'm sorry to be so depressing, I just don't see any 'good' news for silver on the short term horizon. Looks like there will be no default this year in the US. And we could be about to go into yet another tough week for precious metals. I'd imagine Fridays smack down will triggers a massive amount of stop loss orders on the GLD & SLV ETFs driving the prices even lower. Price could drop off a cliff. Could be heading into a repeat of the Feb through April 2013 sell off. Perhaps even break out lower of the declining channel its been stuck in for the last 2 and a half years. Lets hope it bounces off the bottom. I know I need to.

14. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

House!!! Where are you

15. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

I have found charts useful in the past for learning the lesson of not trusting them in the future.

16. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

watch the US government, not the trend lines at the moment.

17. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Charting is a total waste of time as there is absolutely no way it can predict the future price.
    Fitting lines and parabolic curves is easy with the data after the event but who on this forum thought silver would fall so much in the past year or so and if we had such a forecast most of us would have sold.
    In reality once silver started falling we either thought it couldn't go any lower or we saw this as a buying opportunity until it fell again .. and again ... then it gets too scary to take a 30-40% loss so we all hold on praying for better days. The charts may show that trend now but they certainly didn't a couple of years back when the price was on the way up.

18. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've been suggesting people to stay out of silver for close to the last 2.5 years. :)

19. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Meh, only if you're solely into bullion.

Now is the best time to get your hands on some semi-numis and numismatics. Makes no sense to stay out of the market completely and I have been able to buy some items that I really like. :)

20. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Check the Silver T/A thread. ;)
    There was heaps of warning, and some did well by selling physical or selling short.