Now is not the time.

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Silvercross, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Silvercross

Silvercross Member

People should be getting the idea by now with the purposes of my posts but do not be fooled by the sudden rise in the gold price.
    She's bucked the trend and gone up when really it should of gone down and I see this as a very very short run and a fall in price is highly likely.

Summary, I'd expect gold to grow and maybe be around $1400 towards the end of the year and looking forward which can be difficult a price of $1500/1600 towards the end of next year and if you see this as a good investment than I'll leave that for you .

2. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

Gold is probably one of the safest investments to make IMO. Just look at all the buying by the East and they are not stupid! A big game is on hand to be played out in the near future! I will call gold at over $3,000 late 2015. Happy stacking!

3. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

I think you will be very surprised at the price of Gold late 2015 and it's not going to be any where near $3,000. Your remake about Gold being a safe investment is only valid in certain countries.
    China buying all that Gold is part of an agenda that will be played out for all to see in 2020-2035, it will not affect you in the U.K. in the positive.

4. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

That's just wild speculation and I doubt you're right. If China wanted the price of gold to be supressed and worth less than it should be in Western nations such as the UK then they'd have just left everything going the way it was instead of surreptitiously buying it up in vast quantities.

5. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

It's not wild speculation as you put it although derived from immense research. I won't go into details here because most people on this forum are not interested in info that reveals a low gold price for the mid term.
    I'm not sure what your saying in your second sentence although China has never bought Gold surreptitiously, they purchase and take delivery through Hong Kong on the open market. All the data is available for anyone to research. What we don't know is how much Gold they mine internally and keep within China. Some scant data shows that for every ounce they purchase they mine 4 or 5. This they keep secret as does Russia. The Chinese financial system does not currently have the penetration or depth to be the next Wall street although when the 'Great Satan' will have been finally extinguished, then China will make it's grand move.

6. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Crossing river stone by stone...:)

7. Yeti Hunter

Yeti Hunter Member

Damn you AUD... Ah wanz mawr silvrs!!!

8. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

The thing is though, that two people can do an immense amount of research on something and come to two different conclusions.

That's a pity. I'd have liked to have seen that.

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. I meant that they're concealing the amount of gold that they are holding, mainly due, like you said, to the amount of gold they're mining and stockpiling without telling anyone the real figures.

What I don't understand about your claim is simply this: When China makes it's 'Big Move' it will obviously involve gold. Therefore the price of gold will be inherently connected to that move. The price can only do one of three things: Go up, go down , or remain the same. If China's move involves making the price go down or remain the same, then, from China's perspective, what's the point? They would just be conducting the same policy on gold that the Western governments and banks have been doing for the past couple of decades. It doesn't make sense. The only logical thing that appears to fit the facts is a new gold backed Chinese currency with a view to superseding the dollar as the world's reserve currency. I simply can't see the price of gold doing anything but going up in that circumstance.

9. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

What do you mean, gold and silver are going to drop?

I'm also monitoring the possibility of a "dead cat bounce", but it sure is going higher even these days, so it kind of dwindled my belief in the possibility of a "temporary hickup".

It sure goes strong as hell and ETF's are up as well.

10. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

The price of gold, for most people, determines its value. The price is mainly determined by investor sentiment. We know this because in spite of large physical buying taking place throughout the past few years, the price has come down until just a week ago. In spite of massive money printing over the past few years, the price has come down. The future of the price of gold will continue to be about investor sentiment. If sentiment is high toward gold, prices will rise, if low sentiment, prices will retract. The value of gold is always extrinsic and how that value plays out is dependent on factors out of yours and my control.

11. Silvercross

Silvercross Member

Gentlemen it's undeniable that the price of gold will increase within the next two years and I do hold a substantial amount but to look at things as a percentage it's much more lucrative to hold silver at this time and within those two years.

The returns are just not there at this time.

12. The Road Home

The Road Home Member

China's big move is this quite simply, when the U.S. finally falls and I don't just mean financially but also through a massive very destructive coming war, China will use it's Gold holdings as REAL tangible 'backing' unlike the U.S. where Fort Knox is empty. American Dollar bills will be worthless. Now, what you must remember is, what will the new currency be valued at? If you have money in the bank be it U.K pounds, Euros, Yen or whatever, they will be almost worthless against the new reserve (Chinese) currency. One would think that having Gold will protect you. Yes in theory this is true. Now even if the respective governments do not confiscate Gold, will you hold on to your Gold until mid to late 2020's and beyond. The point I was trying to make earlier and on other threads is that you are better off for the mid term leaving your cash in the bank or buying property or other assets. One thing I have noticed amongst the elite is that they are not buying that much Gold. They are buying paintings and the like. Now, If you have a few million lying around by all means buy Gold and store in a private vault and leave it. In Australia and I assume almost the rest of the world you pay no tax until you sell it, we call it 'Capital Gains' here. This is the part people do not want to hear, especially Gold bugs (Where is all that hyperinflation you promised us)?
    The price of Gold will soon fall and then it will rise going into 2014/15. It will then have a shockingly big fall were the big institutionalized investors then sell en-masse. This will be the best time to buy if you intend to hoard. Heading into 2016/17 will see Gold enter what Martin Armstrong calls the 'Phase Transition' where it will begin to double in price very quickly, by 2018/21 Gold should reach unheard of amounts. Then............................

Semper in Excretia Sumus Solim Profundum Variat.

13. mmissinglink

Anyone who believes that the US will be on the losing end of any military conflict for the foreseeable future is not dealing in the realities on the ground and I can not take such a person seriously.

14. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

^ wishful thinking! There would be no winners

If ww3 kicks of your arse is toast as is pretty much everybody else.

We need cooler heads in power.

15. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"Anyone who believes that the US will be on the losing end of any military conflict for the foreseeable future is not dealing in the realities on the ground and I can not take such a person seriously."

Without a doubt!

The USA can eliminate any opponent on this planet in an hour or three, which is why no one has ever been game to try them out.
    A nuke on LA is all it will take.

And in conventional terms, the USN could gather all the worlds navies in the Pacific, and destroy them in a week.

OC

16. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I doubt anyone would attack US, China or Russia with nuclear weapon. Is just as crazy idea as this one:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3fN5wvMtM[/youtube]

That's why cold war remained in "status quo". Both sides stockpiled so many nukes it would destroy both sides.

The balance of force(s) changed after cold war as Russia is not so strong any more, but China is stronger, and there are some other countries who have stockpiled a lot of nasty things.

I agree with menotcrimex. As Einstein said: dunno how WWIII would look like, but in WWIV we will fight with stones and sticks.

Just few hours ago I've came across this coin with nice quote in description:

Thomas Jefferson.

I think that some journalist/analytics are right when saying that in future there will be no real superpower, and no country will be able to "solve" things itself. Is similar like in the case of recent wars. EU can't attack any country without US (military) support and US can't attack any without EU (political) support.

China is investing a lot of money in it armies, every year more. And it's covering real amount.

But there is far more dangerous enemy living among us, it's almost invisible and it can live forever (or at least as long as host). Is called cancer.

There is really great book about it written by Pulitzer award winner dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee
    Emperor of all Maladies

It's believed than every 2nd human being born after 2000 will get it, and every 3rd or 4th will die because of it. I know a lot of people who lost at least one of its parents after they were 50+ years old.

It's shame that so much money is being put for weapons and stuff, whereas far more relentless diseases and viruses are "floating" around, our only planet is being more and more polluted, etc.

17. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

Thanks for your viewpoint. If it plays out like you say then I'm happy with that, I'm in it for the long haul (20 years or so) and as insurance. I'm pretty confident that one day I'll be glad I have physical gold, And there's no capital gains tax selling it here either......at least not unless they decide to change that.

18. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

I'm sure the US felt the same way when it went in to Vietnam. there are many that don't consider Afghanistan a victory either.

19. mmissinglink

The US didn't lose by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not an expert on Vietnam, but the US civilian and military leadership may have underestimated the forces required to dominate the arena sooner and completely. I'm certain that only a tiny fraction of total US military strength was used in Vietnam and Afghanistan. Keep in mind that US military expenditures is nearly equal to all other countries' spending combined (http://armscontrolcenter.org/issues/securityspending/articles/2012_topline_global_defense_spending/) .

The US would wipe out China's capacity to mount a serious counterstrike in a matter of a couple of days if the US went all out. That said, I think their is no worse collective human behavior than war and I have opposed every invasion the US has engaged in since I became political.

20. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

It most certainly did.