Anyone sold to Baird & Co before (3 weeks and still waiting for $)

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Parrots, May 28, 2013.

1. Parrots

Parrots New Member

Just wondering if anyone has sold to Baird and Co previously.

I was looking to change some of my bars in to coins so decided to sell some bars and went with this company even though they offered less then others but i was able to drop it off in person then send it in the post.

I was told i will get payment in 3 days and 4 days later contacted them and was told they need more ID so i send this in and received it back. I called them to ask where my payment was (14k) and was told they are having issues with their bank and they don't know how long it will be. It's been nearly 3 weeks now.

If anyone has previously done with them then did you have any issues.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/

2. clubman

clubman Member

What a black hole company. Ask for the bars back would you?

3. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

i wouldnt leave my metals with anyone, cash on the spot or no dice.

4. Parrots

Parrots New Member

With them being such a large firm i did not expect to have these problems. I did some research on them first and found a lot of the large dealers stock bars made by them and thought them to be a reputable company.

5. louisrobertoitaly

louisrobertoitaly New Member

Thanks for the information.

6. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

Hi, this sounds like you need to start playing hard ball. Contact them and tell them you want your bars back ASAP or you are going to contact the police. They are stalling for some reason so act now before you could lose your property!! When you get the bars back contact Atkinsons, they will not rip you off and do you a good trade etc, Good luck

7. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I misread you post initially as 14, not 14,000!

I would be demanding answers - for that amount you should be able to speak to an owner.

8. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

I would have thought a bullion dealer would pay you by instant transfer the SAME DAY as they verify your metal.
    However there might be some background compliance they have to go through for amounts exceeding 10,000 for money laundering purposes unless you have an established trading account with them. Anything exceeding a few days requires action on your part now that they have verified ( I assume ) your details.

9. Parrots

Parrots New Member

I spoke to them and apparently the gold is being looked in to by the police and they were told not to pay out. They would not give me the police officers name saying they cant when i asked.

So the excuse of having problems with the bank was not true.

I will give it another week and see what happens.

As they are quite a large company i am not as worried as i would be with a smaller one as i can file a claim and take them to small claims if i need to. Just wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced this with this company.

10. Parrots

Parrots New Member

Atkinsons were my first choice as i buy a lot of my gold from them but i was not comfortable sending that much in the post and i could not find anyone who would insure a package of that value especially with it containing gold.

11. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

sounds like a bs excuse, lol they cant give you and officers name? bs funny

12. Silver Bullion Boy

Silver Bullion Boy New Member

Hi, if they say your bars are being looked into by the police, ask them for the police reference number. Then as soon as you read this contact your local police station yourself and explain what has happened. In my opinion something fishy is going on and it does not matter how big they are in the business, at the end of the day they have taken the bars from you and have not payed a penny for them in 3 weeks after saying you would be payed in 3 days! Oh, and If they are in financial difficulties a small claims court will do you no good if they go bust!! Act now!!!

13. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

typical of large company, they want to sell the gold first. Demand your metals at once as they are stealing from you. Report to the police. You have to be hard in situations like this.

14. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like fraud to me. I'd be visiting the police, then going down to their office and demanding answers.

15. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

At the moment you are an unsecured creditor with this company. If it goes into liquidation you would be left with nothing. Just because you think they are a large company doesnt mean squat, many multi-billion dollar companies goe bankrupt all the time. If you care about your money, go to the police and report a theft/fraud and demand immediate action. If they wont, go to the next Police station and try again. I'm sure you also have a Consumer Affairs or similar government authority in the UK and report this dealers action to them so they can be shut down so others do not fall prey to their actions.

16. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

^^^^ THIS .Dont take BS for an answer get the facts & act ASAP !!!

17. menotcrimex

menotcrimex Member Silver Stacker

Someones telling Porkies

18. RT

RT New Member

Thats pretty messed up, if gold goes up in the meantime and you were just cashing in bars to buy coins, you will be out of pocket big time.

Somethings not right, demand a police referance number or something to prove that what they say is infact true, then follow it up directly with the police.
    Like others have said, the fact they wont give you this infomation is suspect, what would the police care if this info was passed onto you if they are acting with in the law? Chances are, you could help with any inquiries they may have if that is the case.

Did you buy the bars originaly from a dealer? Even if they were stolen at some point, that should give you some sort of recourse to get your money back as they never completed DD and sold on stolen goods.

19. RT

RT New Member

If they refuse to give you details, tell them you are going to report the bars as stolen and go make a report.

Every day you dont have the cash in hand is possible money lost to you if you are reinvesting it anyway.

You do have rights in this also, dont let them give you the run around.

20. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

Parrots, you dropped off your bars at their office, then what happened....

Did they test them in front of you and agree they were genuine?

Did you agree a price at that point and they gave you a receipt?

Have you been back to their office and spoken to the head BS hitter in person for your bars (can you identify yours?) back or the cash?

As said above if they have involved the police they will have a crime reference number that they should give you.

Get a solicitor to give you a free 30min consultation.

Tell Bairds that you will be asking on all the Interweb forums if anyone has had issues with their service.

Contact the Office of Fair Trading and any Associations that Bairds belong too regarding your experience.

and if no luck as RT pointed out above report the theft of your bars by them to the police...

Good luck