THE REAL VALUE OF EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'Gold' started by valuecreator, Apr 11, 2013.

1. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Asylum

Asylum New Member

3. col0016

col0016 Active Member

It's a bit misleading when people only use the last 10 years to measure against gold. If you looked at the last year I'm guessing the USD probably performed better and probably even over the 20 years leaving up to 9/11.

4. Asylum

Asylum New Member

True, but then data over the last 100 years seems volatile in terms of all of the things that occurred last century.

5. valuecreator

the point of this infographic is to show you that if you value things in term of paper money, you're in the banksters little back pocket.

6. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Oh ok. I assumed that because it was made by "gold.net" that they had a vested interest in making people think that they have to invest in gold (not that I don't think they should lol), I think most people around here have had enough of the constant onslaught of "information" from gold bugs. Once again, I'm not saying that the information presented is incorrect, I'm just saying that it's slanted from a biased source.

A good example of this is where it says that (priced in gold) peoples incomes have gone down 73% in the last 10 years, that is clearly misleading because it's only taking into account gold's huge rise. I'd be very surprised if people could only afford 1/4 of the stuff they spent there money on 10 years ago now.

7. valuecreator

I guess that's what I mean when i say that people are getting poorer and they don't know it.

If you're weary of gold bugs, I suggest that maybe you're hanging out on the wrong forum :)

To be more precise, when they'll adjust the currencies to gold (and they will, there's no other way, unless they declare a jubilee), you will find out that you are in fact very very poor (unless you own hard assets). Like countless other times in history.

8. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Ok let me rephrase, I'm sick of bulls who are forever ranting about how gold and silver will be going todamooon! in the next couple of weeks. I first started looking into gold and silver in 2010 and since then all I've heard from all these people with vested interests (selling something or heavily into pm's) is that silver will soon be at $500 and gold over $6000.
    Do I think that pm's are an awesome place to hold your money to preserve buying power? Yes I do. Am I sick of pro pm propaganda? Yes I am. I'd prefer it if blatant liars could stick to the MSM.

9. Asylum

Asylum New Member

Well that's like a lot of things, you are going to get polar extremes in terms of information and viewpoints and then its up to you to filter and weigh that information up, then make your own choices.

Speaking as a newbie to PMs I see a lot of 'todamoon' as well as 'doomandgloom' and so it makes it hard to work out what is what but to me, that is just part of having a mind and being free to use it.

I think this infographic is a good start to get people out of that mindset of valuing everything in fiat but like all infographics, dilutes information and can only cover so much.