If China likes silver, maybe we should too

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silverthorn, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

a fairly positive article on silver from marketwatch. on the second page there is a link to a silver institute report on the chinese silver market for those into that sort of thing. for mine I think china's investment and industrial demand will be a huge driver going forward. they are now importing silver I understand.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/if-china-likes-silver-maybe-we-should-too-2013-01-25

2. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

The Chinese like to stockpile any and all resources that they can? I hear they buy large amounts of coal from us and sit on it.

Reckon if/when the oil runs dry/becomes too expensive steam may again become popular, maybe they are thinking on this.

Stocking large amounts of silver makes sense as they make a lot of electronics there. Wonder what percentage is for industrial and what percentage is investment only?

Wonder whether all that refined investment grade silver would be open to confiscation at a later date? Probably won't be necessary as they are on the up and up on the whole.

3. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

China is setting up to be the new Super Power, inexorably it will happen.

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost New Member

Hold on there.

China has major internal metrics that will prohibit this. The US became an SP because of the combination
    of personal liberty and capitalism and individualism (not defending all aspects..many problems...blah blah).

China is a tightly controlled machine, One loose part and it could spin out of control. History tells us that they
    will not hold it together. Chinese thrives on cheap labor, cannot last. Robotics will replace need
    for cheap Chinese slave (reality check) labor... and carbon emissions..whew!

Before you put your Mao poster up, consider:

The US has 2x the arable land as China and %20 of their population.

Not hating on China but don't believe the hype. The US has MANY cards to play and an active and imaginative
    people to create new ones ;)

and the big closer...a new Energy revolution is starting the US with Shale oil and fracking that
    will move the US to #1 exporter by 2020.

[​IMG]
    Source:.heritage.