Silver up 9 weeks in a row

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Eureka Moments, Feb 24, 2017.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yes, at the time we were asked to pay gst too
    sold out sign were everywhere, the bottom price were brief anyway

2. Paul

Paul Member

So has the net short commercial positions of the largest 4 and largest 8 commercials on the COMEX.

Coincidence?

3. Paul

Paul Member

The behavior of gold and silver have been diverging in many ways the last 6 months.

I see no reason the GSR should revert for historical reasons.

Gold remains a monetary metal with 1% of annual production being used industrially and a 60 years of current production supply above ground.

Most silver mined each year is consumed industrially, and the amount above ground that has not has been used has been reduced by half in the past 2 decades (rough numbers from memory).

That is a big change from a couple of millennia of them both being monetary metals.

However, I DO EXPECT you will get your wish because the current silver situation is becoming critical faster than that of gold.

It is easy to see in COMEX COT positioning, and the current price smash focused on silver.

However, when the GSR does drop, I expect it will be because BOTH are rising but silver will be rising faster.

Do you stack or trade?

There is a big difference in best strategies.

We would be trading silver futures instead of gold if they were available here in Thailand, but they are not.

And nobody stacks silver here, no interest.

However, there are more gold shops here than there are burger joints in the USA!

4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

I stack silver and gold. I'm on a silver binge this year. I trade in and out of gold stocks a little though not for a while.

5. Paul

Paul Member

Good.

Again, I wish we could do silver here, but Thai people have little interest in it except for some "hill-tribe" people in the very northwest ( and technically they are not Thai and do not have citizenship despite their ancestors being there a long time, and the area being part of Siam or Thailand for the last 250 years continuously).

And the safety deposit box my wife has at the bank is full already.

Not sure where we could store silver.

6. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So since the 9 week rise, what the hell is going on now?

Under $22 AU currently ($21.94) and dropping further and further by the minute it seems

Good time to buy I think, but it was over $24 only weeks ago so what's causing this current drop?

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

setting for a new bottom below 15.9 usd
    gee fractional was gone with the wind, wonder to get some silver tomorrow...